Chaperone a Tour
Most teachers are subject enthusiasts and would welcome the opportunity to extend the boundaries of their classrooms. Let me introduce you to our global village, at no cost to you or the school. I am guided by the following principles when organizing a tour:
1. Itinerary must be relevant
Once you have an idea of your itinerary, I will act as a co-ordinator,and together we will tailor make the ideal subject related itinerary.
2. Cost must be affordable
Once we have created a relevant itinerary, as a comparative market researcher, I will put the itinerary out to tender and "mix and match" flight and land arrangements to give you the most affordable package.
3. Numbers must be viable
Tours are generally costed on 20 students + 2 chaperones (ie 1 chaperone travels for free with every 10 students). If you do not have enough participants from your school, contact me anyway and we can always try to combine with another school.
As a tour co-ordinator and facilitator, I work alongside you, the teacher and customise each special interest tour. Whilst most teachers are subject enthusiasts, the majority are overworked and many lack the confidence to orchestrate a school tour on their own. I will assist you with ideas, give advice from an educational perspective and boost your confidence and energy levels to chaperone a tour!
As a comparative market researcher, I promote open competition amongst the various Tour Operators. Many teachers have little experience with tour organisation and are tempted to simply select the most persuasive Tour Operator. One quotation clearly does not guarantee that the parents have been afforded the best possible value for money. By “mixing and matching” the land and ground arrangements, it is incredible what savings can be made, without compromising on standards.
The Personal Touch Formula
Realistically, whilst an educator might well be encouraged to organise an overseas tour, the added stress of initiating and promoting one is not appealing. The mere thought of having to approach several Tour Operators in order to obtain valid comparisons is exhausting! In a bid to keep cultural and linguistic tours alive and affordable, I offer the following service free of charge to schools.
1. As an educator and tour co-ordinator, I communicate directly with the teacher involved in the organisation of a tour, assisting him / her to formulate a clear vision of what is required.
2. I then give advice and make suggestions, thereby tailor-making the itinerary and ensuring that the tour is fully customised to meet the needs of both teachers and pupils.
3. Thereafter, in my capacity as a comparative market researcher, I approach a pool of reliable, accredited and reputable Tour Operators and request from each a quotation.
4. Upon receipt of these quotations, I present the options to the school with my recommendations and together we make an educated decision on which Operator to use. Remember! I am not employed by, nor have any allegiance to, one particular Tour Operator. My evaluation is thus completely impartial, objective and honest.
5. I then continue to act as liaison between the school and the designated Tour Operator, assuring the former of my personal attention at all times.
6. Furthermore, I assist with the promotion of the tour to the parents and pupils.
A Win / Win Situation
Everybody wins if you choose Personal Touch Schooltours to organise your tour.
1. The teacher / tour leader involved is relieved of the stressful and tedious ground work.
2. The school has enjoyed a personal service free of charge.
3. The Principal is assured that his clients’ money has been wisely invested.
4. The parents can rest assured that they are getting the best possible value for money.
5. The pupils have the privilege of an enriching overseas tour!
6. I am totally involved in the tour and liaise actively with the educators, parents and pupils!